4.11.2010

What does a puppy, a wedding and an illiterate person have in common?

Hello my faithful sticks and stoners. I know I've been disappointing you with my lack of updates, but I have just been busier than ever. So for lack of a better subject, let me tell you all about it.

1. I finally got a dog - the most time consuming activity of them all. I wake up at 5:30am every morning to walk Bowser. He goes on about 4-6 walks a day. These take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour because he is so dang particular about where he does his business. Did I also mention that he gets distracted by absolutely EVERYTHING? But, as you can see, my new pooch is the cutest puppy ever to grace planet earth. I have nothing to complain about. In fact, I have become one of those folks who are obsessed with their dog. But would you have expected anything less? I was blogging about my imaginary dog, so now you can expect blog entries about my real dog. I'm making my co-workers sick with stories like, "Bowser tried digging and hiding his bone in the carpet," and "Bowser took his first poo!" But you do have to cut me some slack --I have a friend who told me someone they knew not only created a facebook page for their dog (don't worry, my Bowser fan page is coming soon), but they also created a blog about their dog. Except the blog was about what their dog would say if it could talk. I'll tell you now that I won't go THAT far. But pretty dang close.

2. Work has been a little insane. In addition to juggling four trillion projects and trying to be everything to everyone, I've also been preoccupied with dumbing down my writing style. Apparently, I write too academically because I use words like "difficult." I was told to change this to "hard" because our employees wouldn't understand. I was having a hard time keeping a straight face. I'll leave you to insert your own comment. I'm just collecting a paycheck. Or for those that don't understand, I'm just collecting money.

3. My half-marathon is right around the corner. In three short weeks, I will be sweating like a pig, probably smelling like a dude (as my boyfriend likes to tell me when I come home from my long runs), huffing and puffing uphill, and wondering why I signed up to run 13.1 miles. But once I cross that finish line, it will be the most gratifying race I will have ever run. Today I ran for 2 hours straight, completing 11 miles. By the way, I need to take a moment to say, I find it horribly rude when you wave to other runners and they don't wave back or say hi. I never did this in Seattle, because everyone runs in Seattle so I would have to wave at everyone. But here in the suburbs, it's just you, the trail, and a passerby (likely, with a stick up their ass, running off the stress caused by their suburban luxury problems. I can just imagine, "My husband picked out the wrong coach purse! Hello?! Doesn't he know that was last season's bag? I'll never be let in the country club! Ugh! Run it off, run it off, so I can fit into those new Seven jeans!"). Whatever.

4. Planning vacations/weddings. Unfortunately, I'm not planning MY wedding, but making arrangements for the 5 that my boyfriend and I are involved in for the rest of the year. California and Hawaii grace the list of wedding vacations we'll be embarking on. Live armadillos and animal print high heels are just some of the items involved with the wedding that I'll be in! We're definitely in for some memorable ceremonies. Now I need to find a dog sitter. Any takers? :)

5. Trying to keep my house livable. I'll admit I'm a bit of a neat freak. Not obsessive, but enough so that I have to keep up on dishes and laundry.This is definitely lacking due to pooch time. Again, any takers?

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but one day I'll find time to squeeze in writing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment