5.31.2011

Five Lessons from Memorial Day Weekend


nom nom nom (image from here)
 • Fight the urge to yell “No shit!” when someone you don’t know comes up and says, “You’re limping!”

• National brands such as Degree Women will start following you on twitter if you proclaim love for their odor-fighting products. Your significant other will quit sleeping in the guest room if you decide to use these products as well.

• Staring at people who have limited mobility is rude. In fact, staring at anyone is rude. Last I checked, that lesson was a preschool graduation requirement.

• Daily hour-long Skype sessions are the only way to stay in touch with loved ones who aren’t near. And no, one hour is not overkill and still doesn’t suffice for an in-person visit.

• Trying to convince your mom that dim sum is the best thing to happen to you since Dominoes pizza entered your life, is completely impossible if she’s already decided that they are “undercooked sacks of crap.” Well then.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I'm just posting so I don't have to look at my meaty knee when I go to my blog anymore. I'm grossing myself out.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the photo was of your beloved LUSH at first, then realized it was dim sum!! ;0) Mom

    ReplyDelete