3.24.2012

Bowser and Chika's Cupcake Royale Adventure

What do you mean I'm a handful?

My favorite bakery hosts cupcake happy hour, where they sell a six-pack of cupcakes for the price of three. This joyous occasion only lasts for two hours, and is never on a consistent day, so you gotta go when they  announce it on their facebook page.

The magical words appeared online earlier this week, and because I swear they sprinkle crack into their baked goods, I've developed an insatiable addiction and had to go immediately. I had 30 minutes left before the deal ended. I didn't have time to force Chika into her crate, so I quickly threw the pups in the back of the car and sped off to the closest location 15 minutes away. Oh I wish I would have ignored the ad just this one time.

Chika and Bowser whined the entire ride there. Neither of them is too thrilled about the car. In fact, a car ride for them is as enjoyable as going to the lady doctor for me.

Once we got there, with only minutes to spare, they were out of the one flavor I had my heart set on. Strike one.

I got the rest of my weekly fix in a box, and got back in the car. I didn't get a mile down the road when I heard the dreaded sound of a puppy puking. I was driving our nicer vehicle so I immediately pulled over, knowing how meticulous my fiance likes to keep it.

I stopped to find what I feared the most: both puppies eating Chika's barf. It was all over their leashes, their harnesses and the door. I was trying not to freak out but I wasn't really doing a good job at it.

I had pulled into some decrepit apartment complex, and scooped the barf into the parking lot with the only plastic bag I seemed to have. The barf didn't really seem out of place there; it seemed expected in a complex of that caliber.

Luckily we had a seat cover in the back, so I cleaned it off as best as I could. With only one plastic bag, it got gross pretty quickly. I covered the rest of the backseat with the Mexican blanket.

Neither dog wanted to get back in the car, so their nasty, pukey leashes were getting all over me and my hands as I tried to wrangle them.

Once I finally got them in the car and got back on the road, Bowser decided to jump in the front seat with his pukey leash like a bad boy. I'm driving and screaming at him to get in the back, and of course, he is deciding to pull typical Shiba behavior and ignore me.

And then my damn foot cramped up. The worst it has ever cramped. It killed to push the clutch in, and then I hit rush hour. Strike fifteen. Murphy's Law just exploded in a matter of 30 minutes. All that for a box of $10 cupcakes.

Once I got home, I immediately devoured a cupcake out of stress. Oh well. At least Chika's so cute that she made The Daily Puppy today! She's internet famous!

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but no amount of cupcakes will negate car sick pups.

No comments:

Post a Comment