11.24.2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Gobble gobble. 

Happy Thanksgiving! There's so much to be thankful for each and every day. As much as I bitch about silly, trivial things on my blog, I really am thankful for each and every blessing in life. Since I won't be able to see everyone I love today, I wanted to give a very public thank you to everyone I love and everything I'm thankful for.

First of all, I am so, so thankful for organ donation (if you're able to be a donor - do it!!)! Thank God for my mom's smooth liver transplant recovery. She is now cancer-free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!! I can't put enough exclamation points (oh look and a one snuck in there)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also thankful for arthroscopic hip surgery (I promise an 87 year-old is not writing this post)! Today I went up to the gym (yes, on Thanksgiving) and rode the bike for 20 minutes, and I feel great. The pain is becoming less everyday. Slowly but surely, I'll be back doing the things I love. I even have my sites set on some hiking trails once the weather clears up.


After the roller coaster year I've had, I truly realized what a wonderful support network I have.


I am so thankful to my own family (immediate and extended) that we emerged this year stronger than before. While I'm sad I won't be there with you today to celebrate, I'll be driving down soon to enjoy leftover stuffing in the near future (yes, that is a threat - hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your leftovers).

I am so thankful for my wonderful friends who have lent their ears and hearts to me throughout the year and throughout life! My best friend and I recently realized that we've known each other for 20 years! Cheers to lifelong friendships!

I have to give huge, huge thanks to my boyfriend and his family. They have been so wonderful to me throughout the entirety of this year. Boyfriend has been my rock through the ugliest times. He was there for me when I was at my worst and has helped keep me sane when I felt like everything was falling apart. His family has also been there for me and my whole family, offering their love and support in any way they could. I feel blessed to have such amazing future in-laws.

So thank you thank you thank you to everyone, everywhere. I love you all and I'm thankful for you all! And I'm thankful for stuffing and pumpkin pie, and even you, Bowsie, and sweats, and tea....okay I better stop here or this could go on forever...

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but never forget to count your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment