11.24.2010

Move over, Martha!


The success of my first baked loaf of pumpkin bread has created a complete monster. I've been baking at every chance I get, and I've even had to restock on baking ingredients -- an event which only previously occurred due to failed attempts at cookies and boxed cupcakes (yes, I've even screwed up boxed cupcakes - that's how far I've come). It's as though the baking switch has been turned on: Now I'm restocking because I'm creating too many delish desserts!

The downside to my newfound love is that I've essentially swapped running for baking. My taste buds are rejoicing and my mid-section is crying. Not that I'd be running in sub-freezing temperatures anyway (thank you Arctic blast), but my hip flexor injury has prevented me from spending time with my dear friend, the treadmill. And while my physical therapist has given me permission to work on my relationship with the elliptical, my oven and I have really bonded and I'd rather spend time with it.

With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I'm bringing a cookie platter and my old standard of green bean casserole. I've got my absolute favorite Swedish Honey cookies baking in the oven, with some Molasses cookies on tomorrow morning's line up. Who knows? Maybe I'll even make another batch of those delicious Peanut Butter cookies I wrangled together this weekend.

But in an effort to not let myself go completely, I am publicly vowing to integrate working out back into my schedule. Hold me to it. I'm supposed to look good in a bikini for my first Hawaiian vacation in one month. And my love of baking certainly isn't giving me a six-pack.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but don't deny yourself anything during Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment